Categories of the Award
Awards will be presented to the companies in the following categories:
- Companies with market capitalisation of S$1 billion and above;
- ompanies with market capitalisation of S$300 million to less than S$1 billion; and
- Companies with market capitalisation of less than S$300 million.
Selection and Judging Process
The selection for this Award goes through a rigorous three-stage process.
In Stage 1, all listed companies are screened based on publicly available information of corporate governance practices, benchmark corporate governance indices and analysis of financial performance.
A shortlist of approximately 60 companies will be developed.
In Stage 2, additional inputs on shortlisted companies are obtained through research and discreet inquiries. The working committee will visit companies which are further shortlisted to interview and obtain more information on their board and management practices and processes.
In Stage 3, a panel of judges will meet and conduct a final interview with selected companies to identify the winners.
- The Singapore Governance and Transparency Index (SGTI), a leading index for assessing corporate governance practices of Singapore listed companies
- Based on five domains within the framework: Board Responsibilities; Rights of Shareholders; Engagement of Stakeholders; Accountability and Audit; Disclosure and Transparency
- Efficiency and effectiveness of financial crisis response and financial planning
- Shareholders' Interest: shareholder value creation and return to shareholders, shareholder communications and meetings
Strategic And Operational Excellence
- Impacts of strategic and operational pivots since the onset of the pandemic
- How strategic direction, changes in business models, risk management practices and other processes and systems were put in place quickly and executed efficiently to facilitate the transition of operations during the crisis
- People management and culture will be key metrics in this category
- Consider staff engagement, health & safety, fair employment, performance measurement, incentives and other staff well-being practices
Sustainability & Digital
- Promote greater environmental responsibility and sustainability initiatives
- Leverage digital technology to pivot business and operating models
The SCA is jointly organised by:
- Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- Singapore Institute of Directors
- The Business Times
The SCA is supported by:
- Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority
- Singapore Exchange
The partner organisations involved in the award organisation and detailed work are:
- CGS, NUS Business School
- Heidrick & Struggles
The supporting partner is Citigate Dewe Rogerson