Objectives of the Award
- To recognise companies that embody the spirit of good corporate governance and corporate transparency; and hence adopt and implement best practices in investor relations (IR);
- To motivate other listed companies to improve the quality of their disclosure and raise their standard of corporate governance in their communication with shareholders and the investing public.
Categories of the Award
The Award will be presented in the following categories:
- Companies with market capitalisation of S$1 billion and above;
- Companies with market capitalisation of S$300 million to less than S$1 billion;
- Companies with market capitalisation of less than S$300 million;
- REITs & Business Trusts;
- First-Year Listed companies.
Selection and Judging Process
The selection and judging process consists of a three-stage process:
In Stage 1, all listed companies are subjected to a preliminary screening using the following sources:
- The company’s Singapore Governance and Transparency Index score;
- Dedicated IR link and IR contact on the company’s website and/or annual report.
In Stage 2, a final shortlist of companies is identified using the criteria (described below).
In Stage 3, a panel of judges reviews and evaluates the shortlisted candidates based on the information provided by the companies and evaluators.
The following criteria are used to identify the final shortlist of companies:
- Responsiveness of the IR contact to cold calls and emails;
- Comprehensiveness/ user-friendliness of the IR link, specifically the types and quality of information provided (e.g. annual reports, presentations, etc.) and speed of downloads;
- Whether the company submits requested information on the IR function and practices;
- Whether there are negative news items related to IR, such as being on the SGX watchlist, late announcement of financial or AGM results, modified audit opinion, and queries about disclosures and announcements.
The organisation and evaluation for the Best Investor Relations Award is co-led by the Business Times and the Singapore Institute of Directors, with the support of Centre for Governance, Institutions and Organisations, NUS Business School.
Ms Ivy Teo
Singapore Institute of Directors
168 Robinson Road #11-03
Telephone: 65-6422 1195
Facsimile: 65-6422 1199